Friday, August 16, 2013

Hello to all!

My name is Stefan, I was born in Germany and recently I made the major life decision to quit my job and to move into my girlfriends flat in Amsterdam. During the last few years, I was working as an engineer at a photovoltaic company in Germany as project manager for building integrated photovoltaic solutions. Due to the actual crisis in the solar industry I decided to change my life completely - I quit my job without having a new job prospect and started to live as a stay-at-home dude.

So while my girlfriend is working, I have the time to keep our apartment clean, to keep myself healthy with sports and exercise, and to cook for my girlfriend. I love cooking and photography and I am happy to have the time to improve these skills and excited to share my knowledge with you. On this blog I want to encourage every stay-at-home dude out there with easy recipes to impress your girls. I will post all the ingredients you need on my blog in advance so you have enough time to go to the supermarket, butcher, Asia store or anywhere else to buy everything. I want to motivate you to cook and, trust me, your girls will love it! Please send me feedback, pictures and your own recipes. I will try them out and post them on my site. Off we go!




10 comments:

  1. Hey Chief of the dudes!

    This is an impressive start!
    All the best for the upcoming meals! I`ll try to follow you as often as I can.

    Be careful ;-) that Steffi does not get to f... (ehhh, not gain to much kilos) by trying all the delicious meals!

    And do not forget about good old BIPV stuff!

    Best,
    Hartmut

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey dude,

    your blog is very cool! The dishes which you are released looks very well till now. Steffi will be spoiled with delicious food (Please say hello to her from us)! :-)

    Janet and I will try to cook the tagliatelle with mushrooms and bush beans this weekend. We will keep you up to date, whether the tagliatelle has become good or not.

    Best regards from Lake Constance,
    Janet & Andre

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stefan,

    congratulation on your blog. Seems like you have a very professional attitude towards staying at home. Your pictures are very nice anyway. Hope you enjoy Amsterdam and Steffi enjoys you of course.
    Best wishes from Martina and me.

    Keep on ... hm ... staying!!!

    Christoph

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Stefan!
    Habe gerade deinen Kommentar auf Andys lieberlecker-Blog gelesen. Es gibt eine ganze Menge koch-bloggender dudes - auch wenn wir nicht alle Hausmänner sind!
    Auch ich wollte mal auf Wordpress wechseln, bin aber eigentlich ganz glücklich, dass ich bei Blogger geblieben bin.
    Weiterhin gutes Gelingen und viel Spass beim Kochen und Verwöhnen!
    Mit kulinarischen Grüssen aus Fernost nach Amsterdam,
    FEL!X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ciao, Stefan. Meine besten Wünsche zum Blogstart! Sieht super aus hier. Schade, dass du die PV-Branche verlassen hast. Denn gute Lebensmittelproduktion und nachhaltige Energiegewinnung stehen so nah beieinander, wie ich hier festgehalten habe: http://www.anonymekoeche.net/?p=4523. Für mich ist das nach wie vor der intelligenteste Weg, beides unter einen Hut zu kriegen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claudio, danke für deine Nachricht. Is nen interessanter Ansatz, den du da verfolgst. Hatte ich bisher noch gar nicht auf meinem Radar. Ich betrachte die PV-Branche nach wie vor als sehr wichtig und wer weiß, vielleicht kehre ich ja eines Tages wieder dorthin zurück;-). Schöne Grüße aus Amsterdam!

      Delete
  6. Hey Stefan...I just mailed you asking about your trip to Karlsruhe....but I read it now in your blog...about your newest passion "cooking"...great work...keep it up !...Let me know your Karlsruhe plans...we can also cook at my place in the evening..cheers..Chirag

    ReplyDelete
  7. Holà El Duderino

    The food yesterday was wonderful! I adore your temporary lifestyle and hope you will master a restaurant in Amsterdam on a "wohnboot" in one of the nice grachten there soon. If you need a hungry dude, call me for asistance!!!

    By the way, I totally forgot to recommend you a book by Martin Suter -> "The Cook". At the moment Martin Suter is the most common Swiss writer and his "Business Class" short stories are famous.

    Best wishes
    Andre

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hola Homie,
    me encanta tu nuevo livestyle en amsterdam y la idea de esta página! Comida es una de los mejores cosas del mundo.
    Y tengo una idea parcecido a lo mejor organisamos una clase de comida andaluza que la mejor. Check out: www.casa-cerralba.com/index.php/cooking
    Un saludo
    Tobias

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tobi, muchas gracias por tu mensaje! Quizá vamos a organizar algo en el año 2014. Me gusta tu pagina de internet sobre la comida, la vida y la casa. Un saludo, Stefan

      Delete